For New York students this year, it doesn’t look like a graduation ceremony is in the cards, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate their accomplishments! For the younger graduates in your life, though, you probably won’t be picking up champagne and whiskey at Wine & Spirits. Treat grads of all ages with this collection of gifts!
- Raaka’s Pink Sea Salt Bar is chocolate as it was meant to be tasted—unroasted, with a dash of pink sea salt that, as Samin Nosrat says, makes it taste more like itself. Pick up this New York-made bar for a budding chocolate enthusiast.
- Hailing from Singapore, there are no "basic" flavors when it comes to Fossa's beautifully packaged bars. Every bar brings Singaporean and other East Asian flavors to the fore, like their delicate dark milk lychee rose bar. Try this bar for its refreshing taste!
- Marou sources not just its beans from Vietnam, but its packaging, as well! Wrappers are silk screened by hand before they’re shipped to Marou to finish packaging their single origin bars, like this tart, fruity Bà Rịa bar.
- If your grad is an award winner, give them a bar to match with this Fruition dark milk bar, accented with Peruvian spring salt (that is, salt from a natural spring). This update to one of their classic bars not only perfectly straddles the line between milk and dark chocolate, it also won a 2020 Good Food Award.
- For the giftee that just likes a sweet, flavorful bar of chocolate, Goodnow Farms’ Costa Rica bar is your best bet. This dark chocolate bar has a deep butterscotch flavor and silky texture that will make it hard to share, and harder to not eat all at once.
- Made in Reykjavík, this OmNom coffee + milk chocolate bar has just a few ingredients, like Icelandic milk and organic cane sugar, and comes together for a smooth, latte-like taste. Whether already a coffee lover or just taking their first sips, it’s sure to please any recipient!
And for the grad who wants it all, there’s Mayana’s gorgeously packaged, award winning 9-piece chocolate box. Anyone would feel special receiving this! Flavors range from classic tangy passion fruit to more inventive varieties like Boston tea and gingersnap, making it a gift that will truly please anyone.